SENIOR CREATIVE (PACKAGING DESIGN)
WHY WE'RE HERE
We see what you won’t.
We see the gaps, trends, blind spots and white spaces. Those ‘right under your nose’ and ‘never thought about it like that’ game-changers.
We see the stories, angles and opportunities. The ways in. And the ways out. The tiny tweak that makes the big difference and the big idea that’s bigger than you think.
Insight, design and storytelling. For brands big and small. We see stuff that makes a difference.
WHY YOU'RE HERE
Ideas are the lifeblood of our agency. Senior Creatives are expected to set standards and continue to raise that bar. Senior Creatives work independently, or as part of a larger Creative team - making visual communication that is the envy of the industry. A Senior Creative has primary responsibility for the day-to-day creative output and delivery against our client’s brands.
WHAT WE WANT
- A well-developed appreciation of design and art direction
- Experience of driving the creative process through the agency from initial briefing to final product
- Able to demonstrate an excellent level of design and creativity in your work
- An appreciation of, and a flair for, design and typography
- Able to demonstrate an expansive frame of reference (cultural trends, channels, collaborators, finishes and techniques) to explore and recommend ways to best tell a Brand’s story
- An ability to think beyond design e.g. Advertising, Spatial
- The ability to visualise an idea
- An ability to interpret written and verbal briefs from clients and colleagues
- Advanced knowledge of In-design, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of creative production processes and procedures
- An inspiring presenter who can captivate our client’s imagination
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO
- To take ownership of all your projects taking responsibility for their development and delivery, reporting directly to either a Design Director or Creative Director on their status
- To provide input to the AD/AM’s and Design Director / Creative Director to enable them to establish realistic budgets and timescales at the outset of the project/phase of work.
- To work with the AM/AD and Design Director/Creative Director to ensure that the creative brief is challenged and sets you and your team up to deliver world class creative
- To produce world class design/creative solutions, which are our best possible response to a brief
- To ensure that our work at all stages of the process meets or exceeds the client’s objectives – acting as a true consultant rather than a reactive supplier – challenging and interpreting feedback wherever appropriate in an intelligent, informed and positive way
- To ensure that all your work is on brief and in line with LOVE’s values and reputation for inspiring, crafted and provocative creative
- To look to go beyond what’s in the brief showing how your idea/design can stretch while encouraging those in your team to do the same
- To have an excellent grasp of the brands you work on, their stories, their behaviours and their design guidelines
- To fully understand the creative and commercial context of the brands & markets they work in and produce solutions which fit and challenge the brand
- To provide creative feedback and edit the work of others
- To work closely with production department/Design Director/external suppliers, to have a thorough understanding of the production process and the implications of design/creative proposals on that process (constraints, opportunities) ensuring that our design proposals presented to clients can be implemented
- To have a thorough understanding of design software as this relates to the successful execution of your creative ideas
- To ensure all work is correctly backed up and organised in line with agency procedures
- To ensure that your time on jobs is correctly logged
1. To ensure regular flow of sustainable thought leadership to all clients (Green SEEN/brief responses/reference etc) and position LOVE as a thought leader in the space
2. To ensure sustainable material design is fully considered and built into every LOVE brief and client presentation. Ensure clients fully understand the importance of sustainable issues from a consumer perspective
3. To involve Production and Immersive teams at the start of the creative development process, rather than the end. Challenge every client brief received to ensure environmental impact is minimised
4. If dealing with third party suppliers, ensure we're asking the right questions of their production methods and materials
1. To begin to build relationships with clients
2. To confidently and objectively express your point of view on our creative work in client facing situations
3. To ensure that work is presented to our clients professionally and with conviction, supported by a clear rationale and recommendation
4. To get involved in new business pitches with potential new or existing clients
1. To be an active participant in LOVE culture, safeguarding the agency’s upstart mentality and desire to embrace the unconventional. This includes music, venues for PLAY and sharing external cultural events that may inspire the wider team
2. To set an example by having a mature and collaborative relationship with the Account team
3. To ensure that good communication channels are maintained between you and the wider team
4. To act as a deputy to the Design Director/Creative Director and provide total support to them showing real leadership to the team as and when required
5. To set an example to the other Creatives and encourage them with their work wherever possible/appropriate
6. Pro-actively and informally develop the team by passing on knowledge, ways of working
7. To proactively support your manager by suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
- You help the agency build effective presentations – which presents the creative work in its best light, but also builds a clear rationale as to how we have answered the client brief.
- You have a valued opinion and actively contribute to team and client discussions, and do not simply rely on others to take the lead. You’re able to present creative ideas in an engaging and confident manner and can defend your ideas when appropriate.
- You communicate regularly and clearly with colleagues – keeping them well informed as to your progress, and any potential issues regarding deadlines. You proactively seek to address any issues and work closely with other agency departments to help resolve them.
2. Planning & Organising
- You plan specific tasks that are clear and realistic, so you can achieve particular goals/objectives. You never miss deadlines and communicate your progress to others.
- You are able to organize both yourself and others. You can plan ahead, anticipating any issues or bottlenecks, and take appropriate action in terms of flagging your concerns to senior team members (both in creative and account management).
- You’re able to follow projects through to completion, and you can respond to unforeseen issues and prioritise accordingly.
- You participate in helping to generate original ideas and designs
- You challenge and question the norm to see if there’s another way of doing something
- You’re able to create and execute new concepts to a high standard based on your understanding of emerging client and market insights
- You value the views and opinions of others and encourage team working and co-operation. You share experiences and lessons you’ve learnt with others.
- You keep your colleagues informed and keep them up-to-date regarding your progress. You elevate any issues, with a point of view, when necessary.
- You do not operate in a Creative team bubble. You spend time working to develop strong relationships with all agency departments, ensuring we operate more efficiently as a result.
5. Resilience & Positivity
- You don’t vent your frustrations to juniors, you elevate these upwards, when appropriate to do so
- You bounce back and pick themself up when things don’t go your way.
- You help to keep the team happy and motivated when things get challenging.
6. Managing others & Team development
- You’re constantly refreshing and improving your skills and creativity, and you take personal responsibility for your own developmental needs.
- You’re able to absorb and share knowledge with more junior members of your team.
- You’re always willing to give advice to more junior members, and you are viewed by more junior members of the team as a ‘go-to’ person.
GET IN TOUCH
Does this sound like the role for you? Show us what you’ve got, and tell us a bit about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org